1771 Cottage Grove Avenue
This refreshing, single-level home embraces you with its meticulously landscaped grounds accented with roses and verdant lawn. The welcoming covered front porch opens to reveal a light-filled interior featuring a warm blend of classic and contemporary styles and seamlessly transitions with richly hued wood grained laminate flooring, soothing paint colors and an expansive picture window.
Perfectly crafted for everyday living, the floor plan offers an updated kitchen and comfortable living spaces, including a light filled sun room perfect for use as a family room effortlessly expanding the indoor space looking tothe private backyard retreat offering a covered patio with outdoor eating area, peaceful water feature, mature rose bushes, ferns and shrubs, lush lawn, springtime flowering beds and a detached shed, creating an ideal backdrop for entertaining or simply enjoying warm evenings.
- Three Bedrooms
- One Bath
- One Car Garage
- Built in 1952
- 1,230 sq.ft. of living space
- Lot of approx. 5,250 sq.ft.
This residence is immediately welcoming with a picture-perfect beautifully landscaped front yard punctuated by blooming flowers, lawn and charming front porch. Once inside:
- Enchanting living room featuring a wood burning fireplace with brick surround, large window and coat closet
- Dining area is conveniently located off the kitchen, living room and sun room
- Remodeled kitchen with quartz counters, modern shaker style maple cabinetry with honey spiced glaze, tile flooring and stainless-steel appliances featuring a 5-burner gas range, microwave-hood, refrigerator and dishwasher
- Sun Room / Family room encompasses 360 degrees of windows, tile flooring and access to the park like rear yard
- Three sizable bedrooms include new plush carpeting, multiple windows, allowing ample natural light, and large closets
- Remodeled bathroom offers modern tile flooring and shower over bathtub with tile surround, including a decorate tile inlay
- Additional features include: wood grained laminate flooring, dual pane windows, freshly painted exterior and some interior, large hall closet, copper plumbing and security cameras
- Attached one-car garage, laundry area includes washer and dryer, loft storage, built-in cabinets and access to the rear yard
- Private rear yard offers a covered patio, providing a large outdoor kitchen countertop with multiple power outlets, second stone patio, soothing water feature, mature roses, tress, shrubs and ferns, lush lawn and detached shed
- Schools: LEAD Elementary, Bayside Academy and Aragon High School (Buyers to confirm enrollment availability)
Ideal location, minutes to Highways 101, 280 and Caltrain, San Mateo schools, neighborhood parks including Joinville Park and Swim Center and a short distance to downtown San Mateo offering extensive shopping, restaurants and a multi-cinema center, this home is ready to create lasting memories.
One of the largest cities on the San Francisco Peninsula, San Mateo boasts many options for recreation as well as a revitalized downtown, with a large movie theater, restaurants, and bars. Spanish explorers first came to present-day San Mateo on a 1776 scouting trip and named the creek they slept beside San Mateo Creek. In 1863, the railroad arrived in San Mateo, leading some wealthy San Franciscans to build summer and weekend homes in the area. Today, approximately 100,000 people call the city home. The median household income is $88,000, and the median home value is $722,000 according to 2013 United States Census Bureau data. Of San Mateo’s 40,014 housing units, 54 percent are owner occupied. The city is home to the Hillsdale Shopping Center and a number of parks -- including Central Park and the Coyote Point Recreation Area. The CuriOdyssey museum at Coyote Point offers science and wildlife exhibits for children and adults, some of which feature live animals. For a breathtakingly beautiful jog, hike, or bicycling outing, locals head to the Sawyer Camp Trail at the Crystal Springs Reservoir.
Saturday, 7th September 1:30 to 4:00pm
Sunday, 8th September 1:30 to 4:00pm
Tuesday, 10th September
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Jan Majeski